Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30-40 minutes
- 450g/1lb cherry or baby plum tomatoes
- 2 medium courgettes, trimmed and cut into thick strips lengthways
- Small aubergine, trimmed and cut into rough chunks
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into 2.5cm/1inch pieces
- 1 - 2 heads fresh garlic, cut in half through the middle
- 1 red or white medium onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- Tbsp. Filippo Berio Olive oil
- 12 large basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/ Gas 6. Arrange all the prepared vegetables into a large roasting dish.
Drizzle over the olive oil and sprinkle over the basil leaves. Season well.
Roast in the oven for 30 - 40 minutes or until the vegetables are just roasted and tinged golden brown at the edges. Serve hot or cold.
Use as an accompanying vegetarian dish to roasts, salads etc. Replace some of the vegetables with seasonal ones of your choice.