Pasta with Prawns and Red Pepper
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Cook time: 27 minutes
- 1 red pepper
- 4 tbsp. Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 fresh red chilli, cut lengthways, deseeded and chopped
- 350g/12oz dried capellini or linguine
- 150ml/1/4 pint single cream
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 225g/8oz tiger prawns, with the shells left on their tails
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Grill the pepper until the skin blackens and blisters. Put into poly bags for 20 minutes. Discard the skin and seeds and cut into thin strips.
Heat the oil in a pan add the onion garlic and chilli. Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the pack until 'al dente'. Drain well.
Add the pepper to the onion mixture and fry for 2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and season to taste. Stir into the hot pasta and heat thoroughly. Serve hot.