Swordfish and Courgette Kebabs with a Tomato Salsa
Preparation time: 20 minutes plus marinating time
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
- 500g (1 lb 2 oz) thick swordfish steaks
- Wine marinade (see dressings & marinades)
- 1 large courgette
Tomato Salsa :
- 2 large vine-ripened tomatoes
- Good pinch of dried chili flakes
- Orange pepper, deseeded
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp of white wine vinegar
Cut the skin off the swordfish and then cut into 2.5cm (1”) cubes. Put in a bowl.
Add the wine marinade stir everything together and then leave covered in a cool place for one hour. Put wooden skewers on a shallow tray or dish cover with water and leave to soak.
Trim the courgette and cut into half lengthwise then into 2.5cm (1”) thick slices.
Make the salsa chop the tomatoes and pepper into small pieces and then mix with the chili flakes spring onion olive oil and vinegar season to taste. Thread the fish and courgettes onto the soaked skewers and cook on the greased rack of a pre-heated barbecue or under a pre-heated grill for 10-12 minutes turning and basting with the marinade every 2-3 minutes. Serve accompanied with the salsa and a fresh green salad.