Spaghetti with Anchovy and Olive
Preparation time: 5-8 minutes plus standing 45 minutes
Cook time: 12-15 minutes
- 450g/1lb dried spaghetti
For the sauce :
- 6 tbsp. Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 8 anchovy fillets, drained and cut up into strips
- 2 tbsp. flat leaf parsley, finely shredded
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (optional)
Cook the spaghetti according to the manufacturer's instructions until 'al dente'. Drain well.
Toss the pasta with 1 tbsp of the oil and leave to cool. Mix the remaining ingredients together then toss into the pasta. Season with pepper to taste.
Leave to stand for 30 - 45 minutes covered. Serve as required.
Use other types of pasta like tagliatelle or penne. To help to prevent the pasta from sticking during cooking, add 1 tbsp. of olive oil to the cooking water.