Lamb with Roasted Vegetables
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35-40 minutes
- 500g new potatoes
- 6 baby orange peppers, halved and deseeded
- 8 shallots, peeled and halved
- 3 bulbs baby fennel, trimmed and quartered
- 6 baby courgettes, halved
- 300g butternut squash, seeded and sliced
- 6-8 cloves garlic
- 8 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Handful basil leaves
- 25g pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 racks of lamb, French trimmed
- Flat parsley to garnish
Preheat the oven to 200C/Fan 180C/400F/Gas Mark 6. Place all the vegetables in a large roasting tin. Drizzle over 4 tbsp of oil and toss to coat the vegetables. Roast for 15 mins.
Meanwhile, place the basil, pine nuts and garlic in a food processor with the remaining oil and blend on the pulse setting until a coarse paste is formed. Press this mix onto the skin of the lamb racks.
Remove the roasting tin from the oven and stir the vegetables. Lay the lamb racks on top of the vegetables and roast for a further 20-25 minutes or until the lamb is still pink in the middle.
Remove the lamb and allow to ‘rest’ for 5 minutes before carving into cutlets. Serve with the vegetables.