Pappardelle with Fried Basil
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12-15 minutes
- 450g/1lb pappardelle pasta
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 40g/11⁄2oz fresh basil leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tbsp baby capers, drained
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
To garnish :
- Parmesan cheese shavings
Cook the pappardelle according to the instructions on the packet until 'al dente'.
Drain well and keep hot.
Pour the oil into a frying pan. Add the basil garlic and capers and fry until the garlic is golden and the basil is crispy. Add the lemon juice and toss the mixture through the cooked pasta.
Garnish with Parmesan shavings. Serve immediately.
To make the Parmesan shavings use a vegetable peeler or a thin-slicing cheese slice.