Chicken with Lemon and Thyme
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
- 4 whole chicken legs or 8 chicken pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Small bunch of fresh thyme
- 6 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 1 large lemon, thickly sliced
- 200ml (7fl oz) chicken stock
- 120ml (4fl oz) dry white wine
- 20 black olives, stoned
- Flat leaved parsley, freshly chopped
Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF or Gas Mark 6.
Cut the chicken legs in at the joints and cut away as much visible fat as possible. In a large bowl mix the oil garlic about a tablespoon of leaves from the thyme season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the chicken pieces and coat well with the mixture. Transfer to a roasting tin.
Place the lemon slices on top and roast for 30 minutes.
Pour the chicken stock and wine over add olives and continue to roast a further 20 minutes.
Lift the chicken pieces onto warmed plates place the roasting tin on the stove and boil rapidly to reduce the juices a little.
Pour the juices over the chicken and scatter the chopped parsley on top.