Tagliatelle alla Checca
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 450g egg tagliatelle
- 450g ripe vine-ripened tomatoes
- 10 large basil leaves, chopped
- 6 leaves parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp capers, drained and roughly chopped
- 6tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water for 10mins or according to packet instructions until 'al dente'.
Meanwhile place the tomatoes in a large bowl and cover with boiling water from the kettle leave for 1 min. Drain then peel away the skins. Quarter then scoop out the seeds and discard. Roughly chop the tomato flesh and place in a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Drain the pasta in a colander then return to the pan; immediately add the sauce and toss to mix. Serve straight away in bowls with a drizzle more oil if liked.