Roasted Pesto Root Vegetables
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35-45 minutes
- 3 red onions, peeled and cut into quarters
- 6 parsnips, peeled and halved
- 6 carrots, peeled and halved
- 2 small soft skinned pumpkins cut into wedges
- 6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 4 tbsp Filippo Berio Classic Pesto
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, finely grated
Pre-heat the oven to 180C (fan assisted)/400F/Gas Mark 6.
Put all the vegetables including the onions and garlic into a large roasting tray. Stir in the Filippo Berio Classic Pesto and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Place in the oven for 35-45 minutes until cooked and tender.
Instead of the root vegetables, you could make this recipe with halved new potatoes. Perfect with roast chicken and a green salad.
Did you know:
By simply adding Filippo Berio Classic Pesto to your roasted vegetables you can effortlessly transform this dish into something truly spectacular.