Penne with Spicy Sausage And Rosemary Ragù
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 200g spicy sausage, skin removed
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, removed from stalks
- 1 small glass red wine
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- 400g penne pasta
- Freshly grated Pecorino cheese
In a large deep sided frying pan, add the olive oil, onion and garlic. Cook for 10 minute over a low heat. Add the sausage meat and rosemary and cook for a further 5 minutes until the meat is browned.
Add the red wine and turn the heat up. Cook for 2 minutes until the wine has almost evaporated.
Add the Filippo Berio Sun Dried Tomato Pesto and the tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water for 10 minutes or according to packet instructions.
Drain the pasta, leaving a little of the water in the pan then return the pasta to the pan. Stir in the sausage ragù and serve with a good helping of grated pecorino cheese.
Did you know:
This deliciously rich ragù sauce can be made in a fraction of the time of a traditional meat ragù but is just a good to eat and makes a great midweek hearty supper.