Chinese Chicken and Pak Choy
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 6 tbsp Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 2.5cm/1in piece root ginger, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed, halved and cut into lengths
- 225g/8oz pak choy, trimmed
- 1 tsp cornflour
- ½ tsp Chinese 5 spice
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 150ml/ ¼ pt chicken stock
Heat half the oil in a large frying pan or wok; season the chicken skin with salt. Add the chicken skin side down to the pan and cook for 5 minutes or until the skin is crisp and golden. Remove from t
garlic Wipe out the pan; heat the remaining oil until hot then stir fry the sliced chicken for 5 minutes until golden. Add the ginger spring onions and pak choy; stir fry for 3 minutes.
Blend the cornflour to a smooth paste with the Chinese 5 spice and soy sauce. Add to the pan with the chicken stock and cook until the sauce boils and thickens. Serve with sesame noodles.