Bread salad “Panzanella”
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1/2 a ciabatta loaf
- 6 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Filippo Berio Fruttato Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 ripe vine tomatoes
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1/2 cucumber, deseeded and peeled
- 2 tbsp shredded basil leaves
- 50g pitted black olives, halved
Rub the halved garlic clove all over the inside of a large salad bowl. Break the bread into rough chunks then sprinkle over the oil, vinegar and 2 tbsp water. Toss well and leave to soak for 5 mins.
Meanwhile prepare all the remaining ingredients. Stir the vegetables into the bread and toss well to mix then serve.