Thai Beef Salad
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 4-5 minutes
- 6 tbsp Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil
- 2 (225g/8oz) sirloin steaks, trimmed
- 3 tomatoes, deseeded and sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 cucumber, deseeded and sliced into sticks
- 100g/4oz beansprouts
- 1 long thin red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Juice 1 lime
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan add the steak and cook for 4-5minutes turning once until brown on the outside and medium rare inside. Set aside.
Place the tomatoes onion cucumber beansprouts chilli and mint in a large bowl add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
Thinly slice the steak. Divide the salad between four serving plates; spoon dressing into a small dish. Top each salad with the slices of steak. Serve immediately.