Warm Salad of Sautéed Black Olives
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5-6 minutes
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 4 small baby leeks, trimmed and cut lengthways into long strips
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano or 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 175g/6oz pitted black olives, drained
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 200g/7oz baked ricotta cheese
- 2 yellow peppers, deseeded and chargrilled
- Freshly ground black pepper
To serve :
- Ciabatta bread
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a moderate heat. Add the leeks and herbs and cook until they are golden brown and just soft.
Add the olives lemon juice and balsamic vinegar to the pan and sauté for 3 minutes.
Place the olives onto serving plates along with a wedge of baked ricotta and roasted peppers and season to taste. Serve with the bread.
Mix the ricotta cheese with 1 medium beaten egg and season well. Place in a greased ovenproof container just large enough for the mixture to fit into.
Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes in a bain-marie (a roasting tin half filled with water) or until just firm to the touch, at 180°C/350°F/gas 4.