Three Tomato Salad
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: none
- 2-3 beef tomatoes or large vine ripened tomatoes
- 250g (9oz) cherry tomatoes (vine ripened if preferred)
- Small punnet baby plum tomatoes or sungold tomatoes
- Half a small red onion, thinly sliced
- Chopped parsley
- 8 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing
Slice the large tomatoes and arrange in a shallow serving dish. Halve the remaining tomatoes and pile in the middle of the dish. Scatter the onion slices on top.
Put the dressing ingredients in a screw top jar and shake vigorously. Leave at least 30 minutes to allow the garlic to flavour the dressing. Remove the garlic before using. Pour the dressing over the tomatoes. Scatter the parsley on top and serve with crusty bread to mop up the delicious juices and dressing.