Roast Chicken with Lemon & Garlic
Preparation time: 5-8 minutes plus marinating 2 hours
Cook time: As per chicken weight
- 1 small oven-ready chicken, cleaned
- 3 lemons, halved
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1?2 tsp ground paprika
- 12 cloves garlic, unpeeled
Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
Weigh the chicken and allow 20 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 15 minutes extra. Rub the chicken with the seasoning.
Squeeze the juice from the lemons into a bowl and add in the lemon shells. Add all the remaining ingredients (except the unpeeled garlic) then add the chicken to the bowl and spoon over the marinade. Cover and leave for 2 hours or more basting occasionally.
Place the chicken in a roasting dish and cover with the marinade upside down lemon halves and unpeeled garlic. Roast in the oven for the calculated cooking time.
Test to make sure the chicken is cooked and golden brown. Serve hot with vegetables of your choice.