Quick Fish Stew
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Hot Chilli Pesto
- Pinch of saffron
- Zest of one small orange
- 500ml fish stock
- 250g clams, cleaned
- 250g fresh mussels, cleaned
- 4 fillets of firm white fish such as pollock or haddock, skinned and cut into chunks
- 12 large prawns, tails on
- 1 bunch of parsley, roughly chopped
Heat the olive oil in a large heavy based saucepan. Add the onion, fennel and garlic and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
Add the tomatoes, Filippo Berio Hot Chilli Pesto, saffron, orange zest and stock. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add the clams, mussels, fish chunks and prawns, cover with the lid and cook for 4-5 minutes until the clams have opened and the fish is an opaque colour. Remove any clams or mussels that have not opened.
Remove from the heat and scatter over the parsley and serve with a salad and crusty bread.
Did you know:
This warming fish stew couldn't be easier to make and is a real show stopper.
Great for dinner parties or for big family occasions, you can easily adapt it to suit your guest's tastes using whatever seafood you would prefer.