Roast Pepper Pizza with Basil Pesto
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 7-10 minutes
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and finely sliced
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Classic Pesto
- 1 shop-bought pizza base
- 1 x 125g mozzarella cheese
- 50 g goat's cheese, crumbled
Pre-heat the oven to its highest setting.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the garlic and peppers. Cook for 2-3 minutes over a high heat. Add the balsamic vinegar and cook for a further minute.
Spread the pesto over the pizza base. Tear the mozzarella and dot it over the pizza. Tip the peppers onto the pizza base and top with the goats cheese. Season, to your preferred taste with black pepper.
Bake in the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is golden. Serve immediately.
If you don't want to cook your own pepper, replace with a drained jar of roasted antipasti peppers.