Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Hot Chilli Pesto
- 1 ½ x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 400g penne pasta
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese (optional)
In a large deep sided frying pan, add the olive oil, onion and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes over a low heat. Add the Filippo Berio Hot Chilli Pesto and chopped tomatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water for 10 minutes or according to packet instructions.
Drain the pasta, leaving a little of the pasta water and tip the pasta into the sauce. Add a little of the pasta water and stir for one minute until the sauce is well combined.
Serve with a drizzle of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and grated Parmesan.