Minestrone alla Ligure
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 3 large carrots, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and finely diced
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 x 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400g can of cannellini beans
- 100g macaroni
- 1 tbsp Filippo Berio Classic Pesto
- 3 tbsp fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Heat the oil in a large deep sided sauté pan. Add the vegetables, garlic and potatoes. Cook for 10 minutes over a low heat until softened.
Stir in the Filippo Berio Sun Dried Tomato Pesto, stock, tomatoes and beans. Bring to the boil and then simmer on a very low heat for 10 minutes. Add the macaroni and cook for a further 10 minutes.
Serve with a dollop of Filippo Berio Classic Pesto, fresh Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil.