Pan Fried Pork with Tuscan Beans
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
- 5 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 4 pork loin steaks, approx 150g (5oz) each
- 3 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 x 410g cans cannellini beans, drained
- 150ml (1/4 pt) dry white wine
- 300ml (1/2 pt) chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 or 5 sage leaves, chopped
- Small handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped (optional)
Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium/high heat add the pork loin steaks and cook for about 12 minutes until deep golden brown on both sides prop the loin steaks on the side of the pan so the edges brown during next step.
Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan and then the shallots red pepper and garlic and cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes until softened. Pour in the wine and bring to the boil.
Add the cannellini beans stock and sage place the pork chops amongst the beans cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Remove the lid and simmer a further 15 minutes or until the stock has become syrupy and the chops are tender.
Remove the lid add the remaining olive oil and the chopped herbs (if using). Season if desired and serve.