Fennel with Chargrilled Peppers
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: none
- 1 large bulb or two small heads of fennel, sliced
- 4 peppers, two orange and two red, deseeded, quartered and char-grilled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing:
- 175ml/6 floz Filippo Berio Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp good wine vinegar
- A little sugar, to taste
- 2 tsp ready-made mustard
- Sprigs of green fennel tops
Arrange the fennel and peppers on 4 serving plates as illustrated. Season well.
Put all the salad dressing ingredients into a screw top jar and shake well. Pour over the salad.
Replace the wine vinegar with balsamic vinegar.