Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 200g farro or pearl barley
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil
- 3 red onions, thinly sliced
- 200g gorgonzola, torn into small pieces
- 40g lightly roasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 small bunch basil, leaves torn
- 1 small bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 aubergines, halved
- 2 tomatoes, top sliced off and inside scooped out
- 4 portobello mushrooms
Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC.
Boil the farro according to packet instructions. When cooked, drain and transfer to a bowl. Add 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and season to taste.
Fry the sliced onions in Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil until soft, then increase the heat for 1-2 minutes to slightly caramelise.
Add the onions, gorgonzola, walnuts and herbs to the farro and stir to combine.
Place the aubergines onto a tray and roast for 15-20 minutes. When cooked, scoop out around half of the flesh. Add this to the farro mixture.
Stuff the farro mixture into each of the vegetables, place onto a lined roasting tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until the vegetables have softened.
Drizzle with Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and serve.