Seared Beef with Rocket
Preparation time: 5-8 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 3 tbsp. Filippo Berio Unfiltered extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 red onions, peeled and sliced
- 4 rump or sirloin steaks
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 packet rocket leaves
- 3 tbsp. flat leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the onions and sauté for 4 - 5 minutes. Remove the onions.
Trim the steaks and season with the pepper. Add the steaks to the pan and seal each steak for about 1 minutes each side then cook to desired degree of pinkness.
Toss together the rocket onions parsley Parmesan vinegar and remaining oil. Season well.
To serve put the steak onto 4 hot serving plates then top with the salad and serve at once.