Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35-40 minutes
- 1 bulb fennel, peeled cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, sliced into chunks
- 450g butternut squash, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 8 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 225g fusilli bucati or other pasta shapes
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp clear honey
- 40g wild rocket leaves
Preheat the oven to 200c/Fan 180C/Gas Mark 6. Place all the vegetables and garlic in a large roasting tin with half the oil. Roast for 25-30 mins or until tender and slightly charred.
Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water for 10 mins or according to packet instructions. Drain and rinse in cold water. Drain again.
Remove the garlic from the vegetables and place on a board slit the skin and remove the soft flesh from inside. Use the blade of a knife to work the garlic into a smooth paste. Place the garlic paste in a small bowl ad the remaining oil vinegar mustard and honey then whisk together with a fork until smooth. Season to taste.
Mix the pasta warm vegetables and dressing together with the rocket and toss well. Serve.