Panzanella with Red Onions
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 6 medium red onions, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 3 tablespoons Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Filippo Berio Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Coarse salt and ground pepper for seasoning
Heat broiler and place rack in top position. On a rimmed baking sheet, place red onions in a single layer and drizzle with olive oil, then turn over and coat again with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Broil onions until lightly charred, 4 minutes then flip over and brush with balsamic vinegar. Broil again until lightly charred, another 4 minutes.
To serve, transfer onions to a platter and sprinkle with parsley. Serve warm or at room temperature.