Olive Oil Roasted Tomatoes with Asparagus
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Cook time: 32 minutes
Ingredients:For the tomatoes:
- 8 firm, ripe tomatoes, halved
- 4 tbsp. Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 1 -2 tbsp. fresh basil, finely shredded
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 225g/8oz fresh baby asparagus
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp. Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp. white wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of sugar, to taste
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/ Gas 4.
Put the tomatoes in a roasting pan and drizzle over the olive oil. Sprinkle over the basil and season well. Cook for about 30 minutes or until just soft.
Meanwhile , blanch the asparagus for 1 - 2 minutes then refresh in cold water and drain well.
Mix the dressing in a screw top jar and shake well. Arrange the tomatoes and asparagus onto 4 serving plates and pour over the dressing.
Just before serving, sprinkle over a few rashers of chopped, grilled bacon.