Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30-40 minutes
- 3 peppers, red, yellow or orange
- 1 large aubergine, trimmed and cut into chunks
- 1 large courgette, trimmed and thickly sliced
- 4 small red onions, cut into quarters
- 1 bulb fennel, cut into thick wedges
- 225g (8oz) baby new potatoes
- 1 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 onion squash, cut into thick slices, seeded removed
- 2 heads garlic
- 3 stems cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 120ml (4 fl oz) Filippo Berio Olive oil
- Sea salt flakes and freshly ground pepper
Heat the oven to 225C/425F/gas mark 7.
Cut the peppers into long thick strips discarding the seeds place in two or three large roasting tins with the all of the vegetables except the tomatoes. Trim the top 1cm from the garlic and add to the vegetables. Add the olive oil and season with salt and pep and toss together.
Place in the oven and to roast for 30-40 minutes or until the vegetables are charred and beginning to soften turn the vegetables over during cooking. Add the tomatoes to cook for 10 minutes towards the end of cooking.
Variation : Add fresh herbs to the vegetable before roasting such as rosemary of sprigs of thyme.
Use a selection of seasonal vegetables, adding more of your favourites if any of the suggested ones in this recipe are not available.
Any left over vegetables can be added cold to a mixed salad or served as a starter with a few rocket leaves, some crumbled goat's cheese and a drizzle of dressing.