Fresh Pasta with Lemon Scallops
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 16-18 minutes
- 400g/14oz fresh pasta like tagliolini or tagliatelle
- 50ml/2floz Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 25g/1oz unsalted butter
- 1 - 2-tsp. long strands of lemon zest
- 8 - 12 scallops, cleaned well
- Freshly ground black pepper
To garnish :
- Sprigs of dill or chervil
Cook the pasta according to the manufacturer's instructions until 'al dente'.
Meanwhile heat the oil and butter in a pan add the lemon zest and cook just for 15 - 20 seconds then remove and drain well.
Add the scallops to the pan and cook for 1 minutes turning half way through cooking(cook for longer if required).
Drain the pasta well and season with the pepper. Divide the pasta onto hot serving plates before topping with the scallops and pouring over the lemon oil. Sprinkle over the lemon zest and garnish with the dill or chervil.
Replace the scallops with tiger prawns or small cubes of monk fish.