Chicory and Orange Salad
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Cook time: none
For the salad :
- 2-3 heads of chicory, washed and dried
- 3 oranges, zest of one orange, then peel all and cut into segments
- 100g/4oz pitted black olives, cut in half lengthways
For the dressing :
- 6tbsp. Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 2tbsp. fresh orange juice (reserved from the cut segments)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp. small sprigs of fresh thyme
Arrange the chicory oranges and olives onto 4 serving plates
Put all the dressing ingredients into a screw top jar and shake well. Season to taste. Pour over the salad just before serving.
An excellent way to enjoy the unique taste of chicory. Serve with Italian style bread. Alternatively, use red and green chicory.