Chicken with Peppers and Cashews
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 5 tbsp Filippo Berio Mild and Light Olive Oil
- 50g unsalted cashew nuts
- 450g chicken breast fillets, cubed
- 1 yellow and 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2.5cm piece root ginger, peeled and grated
- 75g mangetout
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add the nuts and stir fry for 1-2 mins or until golden brown all over. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Add the remaining oil and chicken to the wok and stir fry for 6-8 mins or until the chicken is golden brown. Add the peppers and stir fry for 2 mins. Add the garlic ginger mangetout and spring onions and stir fry for 2 mins.
Blend the remaining ingredients together and add to the wok. with the nuts; stir fry for 1 min. Serve with noodles or rice.