Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 6tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 100g French bread, cut into cubes
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 sweet romaine lettuce, washed
- 50g can anchovy fillets in olive oil
- 25g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
For the dressing :
- 4tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
First make the croutons: heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the bread cubes and fry for 4-5 minutes over a medium heat stirring until the croutons are golden. Place in a large bowl.
Tear the lettuce into large pieces and add to the bowl. Drain the anchovies reserving 2 tbsp of the oil for the dressing. Dice the anchovies and add to the lettuce with the Parmesan cheese.
Place all the dressing ingredients and anchovy oil in a food processor and blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Add the dressing to the salad bowl and toss until well coated. Serve immediately.