Bruschetta with Tomatoes and Basil
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: none
- 12 thick slices French bread
- 8 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil Flavoured Basil
- 4 ripe vine tomatoes, skinned
- pinch of caster sugar
- 1 clove fresh garlic, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves thinly sliced
Brush the bread on both sides with 6 tbsp of olive oil. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 200C/400F for 5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Cool slightly.
Finely chop the tomatoes and mix with the garlic sugar and plenty of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
When ready to serve top the bruschetta with the tomato mixture and scatter over the basil. Drizzle over the remaining olive oil. Best served straight away.