Warm Chicken, Bacon and Spinach Salad
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 5 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 25g pine nuts
- 100g fresh young spinach leaves
- 450g chicken breast fillet, sliced
- 100g smoked streaky bacon, sliced
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 2tbsp balsamic vinegar
Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan add the pine nuts and fry for 1 min or until golden. Transfer to a large salad bowl and add the spinach leaves.
Add the remaining oil to the pan add the chicken and bacon and fry for 6-8 mins or until crisp and golden. Add the spring onion and cook for 1 min. Add the balsamic vinegar and plenty of freshly ground black pepper and toss until wel
Add the warm ingredients to the fresh spinach leaves and toss to mix together. Serve dressed with a little more vinegar and oil if liked.