“VIGNOLE” SPRING VEGETABLE STEW
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 6 small fresh artichokes, cleaned, finely chopped and placed in lemon water
- 2 Cups Freshly shelled Fava Beans
- 2 Medium Onions, Peeled And Diced
- 2 ounces Diced Pancetta
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Peeled and Minced
- 2 Cups Fresh shelled Peas
- 1 large bunch washed, Dried and Chopped Swiss Chard
- 5 Tablespoons Filippo Berio Gran Cru Umbro Extra Vergin Olive Oil
- 3 Cups Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tbs Chopped Fresh Mint
- 1 tbs Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
In a large saucepan, heat the oil and add the onions and pancetta. Cook over medium heat until the onion is soft and then add the garlic and keep cooking for 1 minute.
Add 2 cups of the broth. Remove the artichokes from the lemon water and transfer them to the pot and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
Add the fava beans and cook for another 10 minutes before adding the peas and chopped greens. Cook until the peas are tender, another 10 - 12 minutes or so.
Add the chopped fresh herbs and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and, if you like, croutons.